The Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Set Up In a New Business is for those who wish to gain an understanding of what is involved in the setting up of a new business. The qualification looks at what the challenges and risks of starting a business may be and develops a working knowledge around specific business skills such as marketing and business relationships.
For existing centres who would like to apply to deliver this qualification simply click here
For organisations wanting to apply to join the approved delivery network to offer this qualification simply click here
|Regulator||Ofqual/ Qualifications Wales|
|Qualification Reference Number||601/4036/7|
|Credit Value||15 credits|
|Guided Learning (Hours)||120 hours|
|Total Qualification Time (Hours)||150 hours|
|Duration||Completion within 2 years|
|Structure||7 mandatory units|
|Age Groups||pre-16, 16-18, 19+|
There are no formal entry requirements however, in order to benefit from undertaking the qualification, learners should possess communication skills sufficient to allow them to address the assessment requirements
|First Date for Registrations||August 1, 2014|
|Last Date for Starts||October 31, 2022|
|Delivery Staff Requirements||
There is no requirement for Delivery/Assessment or Internal Quality Assurance staff to hold the Assessment or Internal Quality Assurance qualification.
It is recommended that, as best practice, staff should be working towards these or already achieved the appropriate qualification.
If the centre decides to use none qualified tutors/trainers/line managers for the delivery or quality assurance of a qualification, staff members must demonstrate their knowledge and understanding and skills within the delivery, assessment and quality assurance of programmes of learning.
This can be done through the completion of one the following documents dependent on the role the individual will be undertaking:
If you wish to access public funding for the delivery of qualifications, please refer to your funding agency for delivery staff qualification requirements.
|IOEE Studying Membership Eligible||Yes|
|SFEDI Directory Eligible||No|
|Registration Fee for Centres (excl. VAT)||£76.00|
As part of undertaking a SFEDI Awards enterprise or enterprise support qualification you receive 1 years study membership* of the Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs. This membership enables you to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Regular information on what’s happening through the IOEE Enterprise and Mentoring Monthly including case studies of people just like you who are becoming more enterprising
- Opportunity to access the national government Start Up Loan initiative through the IOEE and Start Up Loan Company strategic partnership
- Opportunities to meet other business owners in our online communities who are happy to share how they have been there, done it, got the t-shirt and continue to wear it!
- Enterprise resources including videos and articles to enhance your understanding of enterprise and enterprise support
- The chance to meet other members through Meet a Mentor and networking events
- A chance to compare notes with other entrepreneurs and business support professionals through the online groups and forums
- A chance to promote yourself and your business to other IOEE members through the IOEE profile page
*1 years free study membership of the IOEE for SFEDI Awards learners aged 18 years and over
Below you will find the unit specification for the qualification setting out both the structure of the qualification and also the content of the units contained
For additional guides that will support the delivery of the qualification click here